Here's what you'll need to make this porridge with wild berries and cacao recipe:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of milk (any milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of raw honey (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of wild berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 1/4 cup of organic Cacao Flakes
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the oats, milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to prevent any clumps from forming.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until the oats are cooked to your liking and the porridge has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Add a handful of wild berries to the porridge.
- Divide the porridge into bowls and top with our delicious Cacao Flakes and raw honey.
This porridge with wild berries and cacao recipe is not only delicious, but also packed with nutrients that will keep you full and energised throughout the day. Rolled oats are a great source of fibre, protein, and complex carbohydrates. Wild berries, on the other hand, are loaded with antioxidants and other beneficial compounds that help protect your cells from damage. And of course, cacao flakes adds a touch of decadence and a dose of flavonoids, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and heart-protective effects.
So why not give this recipe a try and start your day off on the right foot?