There's something special about French toast. It's a breakfast classic that people of all ages love, and it's the perfect way to start your day off on a sweet note. But let's face it, the same old French toast can get boring after a while. Here's a twist on the classic that will make your taste buds sing: French toast with wild berries and cacao nibs praline from Cacao London.
You'll need to gather a few ingredients to make this luxurious breakfast, as follows:
For the French Toast:
• Slices of brioche loaf sliced
• One egg
• 100 ml of milk
• Ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• Unsalted butter
• Wild berries (such as blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
• Cacao nibs praline
• Maple Syrup
- Add the eggs, milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Soak each slice of brioche into the egg mixture and coat both sides, leaving to sit and soak for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over low/medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter. Add the slices to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
To assemble the dish:
- Place a slice of French toast on each plate and top with a generous spoonful of wild berry fresh fruits and a sprinkle of cacao nibs praline.
- drizzle of maple syrup
- If you're feeling extra indulgent, add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
As you can see, French toast with wild berries and cacao nibs praline is a match made in heaven. The combination of sweet and tangy wild fresh berry fruits and crunchy cacao nibs praline and fluffy, buttery French toast is simply unbeatable. So, give this recipe a try the next time you want to shake up your breakfast routine.